AACHAC’s vision is to eliminate health disparities through innovative models of health education and services across the generations and diverse communities.
- Increase awareness of major health issues affecting African Americans and diverse communities
- Advocate for increased health education and access to resources
- Actively encourage accountability for healthy lifestyles
- Visionary leadership supporting a culture of innovation and change through strategic thinking
- Partnership that is evidenced by commitment, passion, dedication, inspiration, and caring
- Excellence in programs and service delivery
- Health advocacy that positively influences the lives of those in our communities
With purpose and persistence, AACHAC has become a center of excellence in our community and a model for others. Our affiliation with Mills-Peninsula Health Services gives us freedom to explore new ways to meet the needs of thousands around the Bay Area. We have been fortunate to find and connect with a strong base of corporate funders, faith-based organizations, and members of the nonprofit sector who share the same values we do.
What we do would not be possible without the generous contributions of time and energy from more than 40 loyal members of an all-volunteer committee and more than 200 dedicated volunteers who make it possible to present nearly 50 programs, seminars, workshops, screenings, and other activities in the Bay Area.